Historical Pictures of Kemah Area

Click on picture to enlarge

102 Kipp, formerly was Joe Humans, later Joe Lee's, currently Kemah Crab house

1950s aerial view of 2nd  Street and Kemah waterfront

Boat House @ pier between 6th & 7th street

Construction of Seabrook Shipyard. Railroad bridge in background. Evacuating main entrance cut to main Channel. Clear Creek on right.

Early Lighthouse in Galveston Bay

This restaurant was where Jimmy Walkers was later located.

201 Kipp - Edgewater Restaurant

201 Kipp - Jimmie Walker Edgewater Restaurant, currently Landry's

Ma's Place 1938. 2nd Street high tide

504 Kipp St. Grandma Schott & Katie on porch. Katie Schott was born in 1901, still living in 1996 at age 95.

201 Kipp, Oyster Shack, Lottie's Place, 1940. Owner - Joe Blow of Dickinson. Damaged by 1949 storm.

July 1943 storm damaged Riverside Inn, 601 2nd St. owned by Walter and Lucy Thompson, Conway & Ester Pearl Jordan.

Riverside Inn, 601 2nd St. 1945. Daisy Shannon Owens, wife of Capt. Oakie.

Clear Creek & Harris St. 1942 Sally Pearson & cousin

Kemah School originally located at the site of the present community center.

Another view of the Kemah school.

Pauline & Frank Schott with Katie in the buggy.

504 Kipp. Summer home of Pauline & Frank Schott. Built in 1926

504 Kipp. Schott's family home.

Jeanette & Sissy Streetman after 1949 Storm. 201 Kipp, Oyster Shack, Lottie's Place. Owner, Joe Blow of Dickinson.

Early Kemah. Notice the closed in section under the water tower. This was used as a fish house. R.T. Foster worked there as a boy.

Jimmie & Lorae Walker were married in Port Authur Texas in the 1935. They moved to Houston in the 1940s and owned the Broadway Coffee Shop.  In the 1950s they jointly owned and operated Jimmy Walker's Restaurant for 16 years.

Return to main Page